recovery media creator

Discussion in 'Software' started by dellleeds, Feb 1, 2014.

1. dellleeds

dellleeds Private E-2

hi there im looking for software that will make a recovery disc .i dont mean make a back up of my harddrive.for example ive bought a new laptop it came with software called toshiba recovery media creator it used 3 dvd`s to make recovery disc`s that will wipe my laptop and put it back as if i just bought it.is there software like this that i can use on any make of pc.

thanks.hope some one can help i know i went on a bit but ive asked other people and they just think i want something to back up my pc and every thing on it.im forever explaining

a million pounds for anyone who can help

2. ChristineBCW

ChristineBCW Corporal

Look under the CONTROL PANEL. There's usually a little applet for this very purpose.

It may be called TOSHIBA TOOLS or TOSHIBA RECOVERY or ?? something like that.

3. Puppywunder58

Puppywunder58 Master Sergeant

If your computer that you either store bought (Dell, HP, Acer, Gateway) or made yourself/someone else made did not come with recovery disks then you have to make them yourself by using a program like Macrium Reflect Free.

4. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

Each manufacturer puts its own Recovery creation Program on a computer. There is no "one size fits all" program.
    I have an eMachine XP desktop and two Acer Win 7 netbooks.
    The eMachine lists in all Programs eMachines then eMachines Recovery Management.
    The Acers list in all Programs Acer then Acer eRecovery Management.

I helped some Senior Citizens with a Win 7 Dell Desktop and burned the DVDs for them.
    I helped another Senior with a Vista desktop (don't remember if it was Dell or HP) to burn the Recovery disks.

Now perhaps you mean something like the old boot floppy?
    For Win 7, create a system repair CD:
    1. Open Backup and Restore by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking System and Maintenance, and then clicking Backup and Restore.
    2. In the left pane, click Create a system repair disc, and then follow the steps. Administrator permission required If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2014
  5. ChristineBCW

ChristineBCW Corporal

PLODR reminded me of the other 'trick' that some name-brands use - during their initial startup, there might be a RECOVERY MODE that can be accessed by tapping some Function Key before Windows starts loading.

There are so many possibilities.

6. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

There might be a recovery partition BUT manufacturers still tell you to make your own recovery disks.
    If the hd is toast, the recovery partition is useless. The recovery disks, at least on an HP, will work if you replace the dead hd will a new one in the same computer.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds