Recovery of hidden files after using malware free hide folder

Discussion in 'Software' started by pasand, Jan 29, 2009.

1. pasand

pasand Private E-2

Hello!

I am facing problems after using a program called "Free Hide Folder". I had several hidden files on my computer and in the external hard disk, which have become untraceable after using the above mentioned malware. I have uninstalled the program and have also tried "restore" program by cleansoft which doesn't help as I don't remember the exact names of my hidden folders and even backed-up folders in the external hard disc are untraceable. I had a few very important personal folders which I seemed to have lost :cry after using this FHF malware. How to get back my hidden files? Please help. Help me to keep in touch with this thread too (send me a link).

... pasand

Last edited: Jan 29, 2009
  2. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

This is not a malware issue. You may find assistance HERE.

I am moving this to the software section. :)

3. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

This is all I can find for support on the site
    Technical support: support@cleanersoft.com

There is no forum that that you would be able to read and ask questions.

Reading reviews at PCWorld
    This might solve your problem

Last edited: Jan 31, 2009
  4. pasand

pasand Private E-2

Hi!

Thanks for attending my problem, but unfortunately I find no solution there to my problem. Should I assume that I have lost my files forever or should I send email to the support@cleanersoft.com and seek their advice? Why even after uninstalling the software my files stay hidden? How doesn't it fit to be a malware? I understand that the software was easy to use & convinient, but it is deadly for any hidden files on the computer. Kindly guide me to a solution.

Thanking u again for ur valuable time and support.

... Dr Pasand

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds