Recurring registry errors

Discussion in 'Software' started by Anon-7f4ca145be, Oct 8, 2006.

1. Anon-7f4ca145be

Anon-7f4ca145be Anonymized

Running Windows XP SP2, and just recently reinstall the OS and everything else and am running beautifully. I have been monitoring registry issues using a registry tool 1 click upadte feature that I am comfortable with. Every time it runs it identifies the following, 31 of 33 issues found have the similar message that points to a missing type library. Sample:

"This key HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Interface\{A97...(these number are all different)}/TypeLib for this interface points to the missing type library HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\TypeLib {BB$(...these numbers are all the same)}. This subkey can be deleted for this interface." This message is associated with such headings as IScriptEvent, DesktopX Class, DXMenu Class, IObject, IRoot, IScript...31 different but similar names.

It sound like if I can fix one TypeLib issue, I can correct 31 errors, right? Not exactly sure what a TypeLib is though. The utility I use highlights the fist reference to HKEY and I can get directly to that in a regedit program.

2. Bladesofhalo

Bladesofhalo MajorGeek

Whats the name of the registry tool?
    So what exactly is your issue here? Your saying that everytime you run said registry program you get that TypeLib, and your wondering that if you fix that you'll fix the other 31 related errors?
    Well it should, but since I dont know what reg prog your using, theres no way to know..

Last edited: Oct 8, 2006
  3. Anon-7f4ca145be

Anon-7f4ca145be Anonymized

I am using TuneUp Utilities 2006, but am curious as to why a specific utility would change the way you see the problem? It is not surprising that different utilities might find different issues, but do they see TypeLib errors differently?

Yes, the plan would be to correct that one missing TypeLib in the registry and see if it corrects the other 31 issues that make reference to the same missing TypeLib.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds