Recurring Registry Errors

Discussion in 'Software' started by vandyrik, Jan 19, 2008.

1. vandyrik

vandyrik Private E-2

I've recently put back together an old PC. The motherboard and processor are both new. It's running a pentium 4 at 2.4GHz with 1.5 GB RAM and WinXP Home Service Pack 2. The computer boots up fine and for a long time seems to run just fine, but if I leave it alone for a while, I'll come back to find it restarted or if I start running a few programs one after another or really just whenever I run more than one program the computer freezes, though not always in the same way. Sometimes, the programs will stop responding one by one until the whole thing becomes unresponsive. Other times the whole thing will just stop. I've run the check disk utility in command prompt a couple of times and it's revealed some registry problems, but not everytime. I've been working on it for months and I'm at the end of my rope. If there's more info that can help be sure to ask.

2. Speculant

Speculant The Confused One

have you tried a utility such as CCleaner? it is a very excellent registry cleaner/system cleaner. possibly your computer has a virus. what kind of virus protection do you have?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds