Red Hat Linux Query??

Discussion in 'Software' started by mirage_serv, Dec 12, 2005.

1. mirage_serv

mirage_serv Private E-2

Hi to everyone on the site!!:)

I need your help, is there anyone to help?

this is about my redhat linux installation. i have already installed the operating system 4 times and yet after doing so, then naturally to boot the operating system. i got this message "ERROR LOADING OPERATING SYSTEM":confused: , while i was using it to a Celeron 333 it was able to boot up. unfortunately, to P4 LGA 775 at 2.66 it yields this message! is there someone else to help me with this problem. i need your reply! please anyone? do i have to include my system specs?

kontamenayt:eek:

2. mirage_serv

mirage_serv Private E-2

by the way i am using red hat linux 9.0

thnks!

I have to think until I know!

kontamenayt:confused:

3. waltaja

waltaja Private First Class

i'm actually not sure why it would be doing that. i do know however that RH 9.0 is becoming quite outdated. Depending on the kernel being used, the kernel may not support your processor. unless you have a specific reson for using RH 9.0 you may be better off using something like CentOS or Fedora Core which are both based off of Red Hat. Fedora off of Red Hat and CentOS off of Fedora. CentOS is the more stable of the two.

Both have good hardware detection and a good selection of software.

sorry i couldn't address the original probelm. the only thing i have read about that is related is due to the kernel not having the proper modules.

best of luck

4. mirage_serv

mirage_serv Private E-2

waltaja: thank you very much. I guess so, it was the kernel? any known site providing updates? oh by the way, is CentOS available for free? I'll check on that thanks by the way and have a merry season! Cool!

5. waltaja

waltaja Private First Class

last i checked CentOs was still being freely distributed. I used it for awhile and I really enjoyed it

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds