Red light blinks and 2 beeps at startup.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by BuuGieWuuGie, Oct 12, 2006.

1. BuuGieWuuGie

BuuGieWuuGie Private E-2

Hello,

When I go to bootup a machine (compaq D7100) the computer does not turn on. The only thing that happens is the power button blinks red a couple of times and it will beep. then after about 2 seconds it will do it again. It will keep doing this until I unplug it.

I have tried plugging it into different sockets and tried different power cords. This is a company PC and I can not crack it open cause it is under warranty. But does anyone have any ideas what the deal is? Power supply or mother board?

Thanks in advance.

2. IH8GWB

IH8GWB Private E-2

RAM

try takeing it out & putting it back

take it in to get repaired then if theres warranty

3. BuuGieWuuGie

BuuGieWuuGie Private E-2

I'll try that.

4. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

5. BuuGieWuuGie

BuuGieWuuGie Private E-2

What does that mean? How do i fix that? Does the CPU have to be raplaced.

Thanks so much for that support manual.

6. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

Don't know .....could be the fan is stuck ...or fell off ...thermal paste is bad ...would have to open the case and take a look.....:)

7. Estima8tor

Estima8tor Private E-2

It means your processor is overheating.

The cooling fan on the processor may have stopped working.

Can you open the side of the case and check to seee if the processor fan is spinning?

(Tim beat me to it, lol)

8. BuuGieWuuGie

BuuGieWuuGie Private E-2

Im at a different location today. But I will let you guys know what happens tomorrow when I go take a look. Thanks for your help guys.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds