reference memory deep trouble

Discussion in 'Software' started by kossong, Mar 19, 2008.

1. kossong

kossong Private E-2

Hi there!

3 days ago I tried to add a wireless internet card to my PC. A friend gave me that card that he was not using so I don't really know much about it. It's a Netgear adaptor. It was not the best idea that went through my head that day...

I couldn't get my PC to start properly after that. I removed the card but the problem remains: the whole system is very unstable. I start it and it sometimes crashes several times without even being able to start Windows. Sometimes it does start Windows but crashes soon after I start doing anything even sometimes without me doing anything at all. When I get any message at all, it is:"the instruction at '0x75eb573f' referenced memory at '0xf88375f2' could not be 'written'". Hopefully that means more to you than to me!

I can boot in safe mode but I dont know what to do from there and what to check for. Could you please help me diagnose what went wrong?

Thanks for your help!

Teho

2. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

If you are running XP, use system restore to restore the computer to 3 days ago before you tried the card in your computer.
    System Restore is found under Accessories/System Utilities (I think).

3. kossong

kossong Private E-2

Thanks for your help! I tried and it worked! I also checked that I had not unplugged anything from the motherboard and I think I had which was making the whole system very unstable. All is fine now!! Thanks! :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds