Referring Sites Search Awstats Showing :80 Appended

Discussion in 'Software' started by p914, Apr 3, 2016.

1. p914

p914 Private E-2

Last month I'm started getting referring sites that are IP addresses for my website with :80 at the end of them. Usually I get some referrer spam or websites that I have a link to a file on my website.
    looks like this in the referrers section xxx.xx.xx.xxx:80 also xxx.xx.xx.xxx:80/CHANGELOG.TXT and also /readme.html and http://xxx.xx.xxx.x/administrator/manifests/libraries/joomla.xml

I don't have joomla so is it a bot sniffing around for open passage for the joomla issue? Not sure about the rest.

My site is hosted. I don't own my own server.

Anybody got insight to this?
    Thanks

2. mdonah

mdonah Major Geek Extraordinaire

The :80 that's appended to the IP Address is a Port. For a better explanation see here.

3. p914

p914 Private E-2

Thanks for that info. I'm not sure why my site is referring its own links to itself. This just started happening last month so is it possible the webhosting company changed something?

Usually the referrers section with the referring site search has websites that I place a link to one of my files on my website or I get some website that generates referrer spam. So I'm not sure why I'm just now seeing this issue as a recent trend.

4. p914

p914 Private E-2

I don't have any microsites that have my www code so I don't understand the self referral.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds