Reformating questions

Discussion in 'Software' started by idreos, Oct 6, 2009.

1. idreos

idreos Private E-2

I am facing the daunting task of having to reformat my Dell inspiron 1520 laptop's hard drive and reloading all my programs. I am saving my data and as everything like documents , photos, music, videos etc would all be locate as subfiles under
    “Jim” my computer’s name. It also includes the “Appdata” file.

When I finish do I download the "Jim" file on my reformatted disk will that include
    All of my previous settings?? I am using Vista
    Thanks for any insight or tips to make this long task easier!

2. DAKz

DAKz Corporal

Not much to go on here, your saving them to the drive your going to format??

3. Dreamer

Dreamer Corporal

When you reformat your hard drive you delete all of the data on your hard drive, which includes everything you are saving in that folder. If there is information you want to save burn it onto a CD/DVD or onto a flash drive. As to restoring everything, when you put the file your saving back onto your computer it will restore program settings once you install those programs again.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds