Reformatting a Hp without using recovery disk

Discussion in 'Software' started by skorpius, Jul 18, 2006.

1. skorpius

skorpius Private E-2

I want to reformat My HP pavillion 513w, and put a store bought fresh install of xp on it. A couple problems tho, I dont want to use the recovery disks they give you . So how would I get drivers for the store bought XP OS

And more importantally will a hp computer let me install this or is it mandatory to use their recovery disks.

So basically wipe it completly clean delete all partitions and install xp HP does not have driver disks, they say it is on the recovery disk.

help PLz and thx in advance.

2. COMPUABLE

COMPUABLE First Sergeant

>> I want to reformat My HP pavillion 513w, and put a store bought fresh install of xp on it. A couple problems tho, I dont want to use the recovery disks they give you . So how would I get drivers for the store bought XP OS skorpius <<

HP Software & Driver Downloads For:
    HP Pavilion 513w Desktop PC (US)
    (also check out this link):
    HP and Compaq PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update

>> And more importantally will a hp computer let me install this or is it mandatory to use their recovery disks. So basically wipe it completly clean delete all partitions and install xp HP does not have driver disks, they say it is on the recovery disk. <<

Good Luck!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds