Reformatting Win XP Pro with Bluetooth Devices?

Discussion in 'Software' started by m79vest36, Mar 17, 2007.

1. m79vest36

m79vest36 Corporal

Am I correct to assume that I should not reformat Drive C with XPPro O/S with my Microsoft Elite Bluetooth Keyboard & mouse? I'm thinking that I should re-connect the orginal Dell keyboard & mouse then after sucessful re-install...then reload the bluetooth keyboard & mouse...am I correct?

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

I would most likely do it your way in re-connecting the DELL KB and Mouse then once the OS is installed install Chipset Drivers so that the USB drivers are correctly installed then install your Bluetooth KB and Mouse.

3. m79vest36

m79vest36 Corporal

Thanks HALO...am I correct to assume that these chipset drivers & USB drivers are either on the re-installation disk or the "Driver & Utilities" disk or both that come with the Dell computer?

4. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds