RefreshPC - Trustworthy?

Discussion in 'Software' started by Lavender, Oct 23, 2011.

1. Lavender

Lavender Master Sergeant

I know I have registry problems with my Dell Vista desktop and will have to look seriously at deleting programs back to when the OS was restored earlier this month. Should I download and try Refresh My PC or go it alone?

Scared stiff!:-o

2. brownizs

brownizs MajorGeek

I would leave alone. You could try a System restore to roll back, but without knowing actually what problems you are having, is hard for people to help you correct. If the OS has been on the machine for a long time (ie 2 years) and a lot of stuff has been installed and removed, doing a fresh install of the OS is a even better solution.

3. Lavender

Lavender Master Sergeant

Thanks. I had a feeling I should leave it alone.

Right now I'm copying/transferring some items to USB before I delete everything dated after the re-install OS date.

Cross your fingers for me, please.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds