Refurbished Macbook Pro

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Boris Dechenko, Jul 5, 2016.

1. Boris Dechenko

Boris Dechenko Private E-2

2. Digerati

Digerati Major Geek Extraordinaire

I think if my budget was $600 - $700, I would go for something new. Does it really need to be a Mac? Macs are decent systems for sure, but always overpriced - even used.

For less than $700, you can get a nicer, brand new Acer with a more advanced and faster processor, 8GB of RAM, 1TB HD, a 15.6" 1920 x 1080 display and better graphics processor, USB 3.0, a "new" battery (that's important, in my book) and a full year warranty.

For just $520, you can get this ASUS with a quad core processor, 8GB of RAM, 1TB HD and 17.3 inch monitor. And again, with a "new" battery and full year warranty.

If I just had to have a MacBook, I would wait until my budget could afford a new one. While this $1000 MacBook only has a 12" display, it has 8GB of RAM and a 256GB SSD ("flash") drive. And of course, a full year warranty and a "new" battery too.

3. Just Playin

Just Playin MajorGeek

I say wait too, if you have to go Mac. I have one with similar specs as the one you're considering, however I bought mine for $75 at a garage sale. I maxed the memory (8GB) and threw in a SSD I had laying around and just recently replaced the battery for $20. It's not too shabby for it's age but there's no way I would pay $550 for it and I can upgrade to the next OSX version (Sierra) while your choice tops out on the current OS version. If you can't wait or your budget's firm, Digerati's recommendations are light years better than an expensive, soon to be obsolete laptop.

Digerati likes this.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds