regaining access to a folder

Discussion in 'Software' started by Sandwarrior, Mar 16, 2006.

1. Sandwarrior

Sandwarrior Private E-2

I have a Compaq Presario SR1020nx, with a 2.80 ghz Intel Celeron processor, 1024 mb ram, 80 gb Ultra DMA hard Drive, running Windows XP home edition SP2. I have Ad-aware Se, Tweeknow, Hijackthis, and AVAST anti-virus. In January of 05 my system wouldn't boot and I had to do a re-install over the OS. Everything turned out fine, (thanks to all those who helped from Major geeks) and I recovred 99% of my files and folders. However, every now and then I come across a folder that denies me access. How can I regain control/ownership of those folders?

Bill

2. Insomniac

Insomniac Billy Ray Cyrus #1 Fan

3. Sandwarrior

Sandwarrior Private E-2

I was able to get into the file after changing the ownership to the Administrator, but it wouldn't let me add my user name.

Thank you for your help.

Bill

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds