Regcure ? then the need for Regseeker?

Discussion in 'Software' started by mesmd, Jul 18, 2007.

1. mesmd

mesmd Private E-2

HI, I wrote a solicitation for Regcure The following:

I already have 2 registry cleaners; Registry Booster 2 from Uniblue and Free registry cleaner. I paid 29.95 for each one. I notice that after running both of my registry scanners, and cleaning my registry, that your Regcure scan finds an additional 300 plus bad entries that should be cleaned !

Would using your program interfere or cause any problems to my computer or its registry? And why is your program finding all these additional errors that my 2 programs are missing?
    I then found a forum against Regcure as a scam cleaner that is programmed to always find registry errors, even after it has cleaned them all, then re run and > 100 are new errors! The post said to use Regseeker and not to buy Regcure. Got to The majorgeeks to download and ask their opinion.

My question is related to my use, if needed, to run Regseeker, inspite of my 3 cleaners and a system that runs very well, but was reported "as a need to buy" Regcure" because of all the real or scam errors it reported to induce me to buy the additional software?
    I am very confused. Should I run the free Regseeker anyway as a good 3rd program or leave well enough alone? Is it possible to make a 100 plus false positive Registry Entry errors to show up randomly to seduce a person to buy the software? That would take alot of evil programers to write!

Thanks for any help and advice,

Miles

Thanks very much for your reply.

Miles

2. greenknight32

greenknight32 Sergeant

I would never pay for a reg cleaner, since there are perfectly good free ones. In any case, as far as I'm concerned what's most important in a reg cleaner is that it doesn't remove anything it shouldn't; I think that's much more important than finding every last invalid entry.

3. Mada_Milty

Mada_Milty MajorGeek

I agree 100%
    A few kilobytes of erroneous values isn't going to add that much overhead to your system, and it hurts to be missing NEEDED keys.

What will help you system more is defragmenting the registry and page file, as there are transactions to these all the time, and they can't be defragged normally. However, a boot-time defragger like Page Defrag will do the trick.

But as for registry cleaners, I never go further than CCleaner, as it is free and relatively safe.

4. Pareto Rep

Pareto Rep Private E-2

Hello Miles

Thank you for your question.

Due to the fact that we do not sell or support the other registry cleaners that you mention, we are not able to comment on their scanning or removal capabilities.

There are a couple of possibilities for what you are seeing when you rerun RegCure and find additional errors.

Most often, this situation involves the removal of empty registry keys. Frequently the registry items are removed by RegCure and are re-created during regular computer operations. For example, Microsoft Windows creates empty registry keys that are safe to delete and then are automatically generated again by the operating system. You can add these items to your Ignore list if you do not want to see them in future scans.

You can send items to the Ignore list during step 3 of the scan process. The items are not removed and RegCure will ignore these entries in upcoming scans.

To send items to the Ignore list:
    Click the Ignore link next to any item.

To view items in your Ignore list:
    Click the Settings button in the Main window and click the Ignore List tab.

You can remove an item in the Ignore list:
    Select one or more items.
    Click the Remove Selected button.

Refer to the RegCure help file for more information (click the Help button in the Main window or press the F1 key).

If this is not the case for you could you please submit a RegCure log file for us?

Could we please ask you to send us an email with all the details of your problem as well as everything you have tried to fix the problem and attach the RegCure log file:

C:\Program Files\RegCure\Logs\Regcure.log

Please send this information to support@regcure.com

Thank you and regards,
    Laura
    Paretologic Liaison

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds