registering files question xp

Discussion in 'Software' started by alontheriver, Feb 20, 2009.

1. alontheriver

alontheriver Private First Class

Hi, I noticed on my list of registered file types I don't have mp4 or avc1. I've downloaded some stuff from youtube that are avc1 files but for some reason they only appear in the folder within the program I used to download them. they don't appear in the folder using explorer nor do they appear in the othr program I am trying to use to extract the audio from the file. can anyone explain what the problem is in viewing them. thanks:confused

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Its possible that you're missing the needed codecs to run these files as many from YouTube etc use various formats and some are not native to Windows so need extra codec files, you could try this codec pack as its popular and has many http://majorgeeks.com/Vista_Codec_Package_d5326.html works with XP too.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds