Registry Clean up programs

Discussion in 'Software' started by keydet, May 2, 2007.

1. keydet

keydet Private E-2

I have downloaded a couple of free versions of registry clean up programs (registry mechanic & registry booster2) that indicate I have 400+ registry problems. My system is slowing down. Do these programs really help ?

2. BCGray

BCGray Guest

The most popular one here is CCleaner available here at Major Geeks Link http://www.majorgeeks.com/download4191.html You use the "Issues" tab to clean your registry, and always make sure you check "Yes" to making a back-up. CCleaner can also clean out all your temp files as well.

In answer to your "Slowing Down" question....a clean OS will always run faster than a "Cluttered" OS, but it involves much more than just "Cleaning" the registry. Which can be dangerous if you do not understand what you are doing..............So take "Baby" steps to begin with, run CCleaner, defrag your HD, run "ChkDsk", and most important install a good Firewall and Anti-Virus. Hope that Helps

3. chookers

chookers Staff Sergeant

Could also be a good idea to say where you got those programs and what they are called. If you got them from the Major Geeks site, they'll be fine but if you didn't and don't know for certain if they are reputable programs, it would be worth asking about them here. Although I can't think of one off the top of my head, I'm fairly sure there is at least one registry program which is trouble, although I also can't remember what kind of trouble. Sorry to be so vague on those points!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds