Registry Cleaner/Repair for Windows XP

Discussion in 'Software' started by oma, Dec 14, 2005.

1. oma

oma MajorGeek

I need a free program for the above. There is such a variety out there that I don't know which one to choose.

It would have to be an easy one for I'm a newbie and afraid to do anything manually. Thank you in advance for your recommendations/advise.

2. BERG

BERG Private E-2

3. greenknight32

greenknight32 Sergeant

Probably the safest and easiest-to-use registry cleaner is the one in CCleaner. Although the program is primarily a drive cleaner, in recent versions the Issues scan, which cleans the registry, does a pretty thorough job, and it's very fast. I recommend using it for routine cleaning of your registry and hard drive, and using another registry cleaner occasionally to get the few entries CCleaner misses (no one registry cleaner that's safe to use is going to get everything): http://majorgeeks.com/CCleaner_d4191.html

4. oma

oma MajorGeek

Thank you so much for your advise and recommendations Greenknight and Berg. I will certainly download CCleaner and the two recommended reg cleaners! I'm a happy camper right now!! :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds