Registry keeps on corrupting!

Discussion in 'Software' started by G_Loc, Apr 13, 2005.

1. G_Loc

G_Loc Private E-2

I reinstalled Windows XP Pro for a friend over the weekend and applied SP2. I gave her back the computer and a day later she calls me and tells me that it wont boot up and that 'system32/system/' is corrupt. I go over and use the recovery console to fix that.

That was yesterday. She called me again today and told me the same thing happened.

Its a fairly old HP Celeron 700 w/ 160GB hard drive, and 512MB of RAM.

Any reason why this keeps happening? Bad RAM? Bad HD?

I'm going to uninstall SP2 and see if that helps.

2. fiver22

fiver22 Sergeant

Sorry if I sound *way* too obvious:
    but mighten (yeah..the use of the word 'mighten' means that I suck) this be a Virus/Spyware issue?
    Yours,

3. G_Loc

G_Loc Private E-2

It was a fresh install... There were no obvious signs of spyware when I fixed it the first time and damn... you gotta have some pretty crappy luck to mess it up in a day, lol

I'm running checkdisk on it now

4. G_Loc

G_Loc Private E-2

chkdsk was running for the past hour and a half and it found some errors and fixed them.

Booted up fine now... heh... this thing is gonna drive me nuts

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds