Registry Mechanic - Is it Worth it?

Discussion in 'Software' started by ChuckS, Mar 10, 2006.

1. ChuckS

ChuckS Private E-2

I have had my Dell XPS for about two years running XPPro - it has been working great :)

I have occassionally noticed that it is slowing down during start up and shutting off. While surfing this site I found, downloaded and scanned using Registry Mechanic which informed me I had something like 900+ problems [Things that make you go hmmm :mad:]

I don't know anything about what this application does and I'm more worried about messing up a good thing than the price of the software. :rolleyes:

Does Registry Mechanic work as advertised?
    Should I use this type of software?
    Are there any alternatives?
    Does it help optimise my system?

I'm editing HD and need all the performance I can get. Any advice regarding this would be greatly apprecieted.

2. Blueheeler

Blueheeler Private E-2

Registry Mechanic is one of several registry cleaners, most of which will do a good job of helping to maintain a smooth running system.

If you haven't run one of these programs before, they will usually come up with lots of errors which are categorised in order of priority. In the case of Registry Mechanic, the program can be set to automatically back up the registry before you make any changes, so if something goes wrong you can restore the registry back to what it was, prior to cleaning.

The trial version of Registry Mechanic only allows you to perform limited cleaning, but it will still give you a good idea of its functions and capabilities.

I've been using a registry cleaner for a long time now and I've never experienced any problems with it. Read the help file carefully before use, set the program options to suit your particular requirements, and you'll find that your system will run much better for it.

Regards, Blueheeler.

3. Petaluma

Petaluma First Sergeant

RegSeeker is small and free available here
    http://majorgeeks.com/RegSeeker_d2579.html

As Blueheeler said check the box to back up registry b4 you clean--
    Read each one to find out what its connected to-do not just blindly hit delete
    Real easy to understand

thereyago

4. ChuckS

ChuckS Private E-2

Thanks for the advice

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds