Registry policy setting

Discussion in 'Software' started by MATAVERA, Oct 13, 2007.

1. MATAVERA

MATAVERA Private E-2

I can't open Word documents since I installed Office 2007. It tells me that it is being blocked by a registry policy setting. I've reviewed Microsoft Knowledge Base article 922850 and tried to fix the problem, NO luck!::( Have any of you encountered this? PS. I have downloaded adobe reader 8.1
    OS Windows XP

2. BCGray

BCGray Guest

Welcome to Major Geeks I have moved your thread to the "Software" Forum, as I think you will get a better response here MATAVERA

3. BirdBath

BirdBath Sergeant Major

Are these the steps you followed when trying to fix the problem?

• In Word 2007, you can disable the restriction. If you disable the restriction, you can open documents that were saved in an earlier version of Word. To do this, follow these steps:
    1. Exit Word 2007.
    2. Click Start, click Run, type regedit in the Open box, and then click OK.
    3. Locate and then select the following registry subkey:
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Word\Security\FileOpenBlock
    Note This registry subkey may not exist. If the subkey is not present, you must create it.
    4. After you select the subkey that is specified in step 3, point to New on the Edit menu, and then click DWORD Value.
    5. Type FilesBeforeVersion, and then press ENTER.
    6. Right-click FilesBeforeVersion, and then click Modify.
    7. In the Value data box, type 0, and then click OK.
    8. On the File menu, click Exit to exit Registry Editor.

There is more info here: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/help/HA100319991033.aspx

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds