Registry Removal for Logitech USB Headset

Discussion in 'Software' started by ChaseCarp, Jun 11, 2006.

1. ChaseCarp

ChaseCarp Private E-2

not terribly illiterate when it comes to computers but I wanted to make sure I wasnt doing something wrong in regards to clearing my registry of an installed device that is giving me problems. My Logitech USB Headset rendered my on-board soundcard practicaly non-existant. I've tried uninstalling the drivers for the Headset, the drivers for the soundcard, reinstalling both etc etc. The sound card is never recognized anymore regardless of whether or not my headset is plugged in or not and after having tried to reinstall the soundcard driver, it still isnt being recognized. The next step (I think) is to clear out any reference to my Logitech Headset from my registry, seeing as I ripped it apart in a fit of anger but Im not sure exactly what to delete. I find quite a few entries in the registry for the device, some having their own folders, some not... I've tried calling their tech support but they give me the run-around in regards to helping me. What should I do? ive attached a hardware report to this thread, not sure what I should have included but it looks long enough to have provided enough information.

Attached Files:

2. COMPUABLE

COMPUABLE First Sergeant

>> What should I do? ive attached a hardware report to this thread, not sure what I should have included but it looks long enough to have provided enough information. ChaseCarp <<

Download Install and then Run these two freeware utilities:

There is a terrific fairly new freeware registry clean-up program called Eusing Free Registry Cleaner which is also a great tool for scanning and then cleaning out 'everyday' dead registry entries. You can choose to scan the entire registry or only selected sections.

Before the program deletes any keys, it automatically creates a backup of the registry and allows you to easily undo any changes if needed. By default; this program creates this backup each time you use it and has a button labeled: "Restore Previous Registry" just in case you want to restore the previous backup.

For your own reference I'd strongly suggest that you read the More Feature Details part of the Eusing Free Registry Cleaner website in order to investigate what this program scans and offers to clean.

The other utility called CCleaner (standard edition) is available right here at Major Geeks and is also freeware. If you haven't already installed it; you should definitely give it a try. It is especially helpful for anyone who installs/reinstalls or removes programs or other items that affect the Windows registry on a regular basis.

It also offers several options (in the ISSUES section) like removing registry entries that go nowhere and works wonders removing other various program 'leftovers' that are obsolete, or aren't listed in Add/Remove after you attempt to uninstall programs and utilities. You can also CCleaner to get rid of the "hidden" temporary files and other junk files from your system and free up even more space.

Additionally, whenever I try out or use these types of utilities [and in particular, when I'm first trying them out]; I always Create a System Restore Point - just in case something goes wrong during or after using the program. This will allow me to return my computer settings to the state your PC was in - prior to making the changes. It takes like 30 seconds to perform a System Restore Point and can save you many hours of headaches and frustration; should something unforeseen go terribly wrong.

Good Luck!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds