registry warning

Discussion in 'Software' started by moif, May 21, 2003.

1. moif

moif Private E-2

After clicking on run and typing hwinfo I find I`m viewing alot of system info. After scrolling down I came across a warning written in red under Class system: This device has a problem.code22(ox16). This device is disabled. acpi irq holder for pci irq steering. hkey_local_machine\enum\acpi\*pnpocof 00000007. I`m trying to run down some small problems with my windows me. Could this be contributing? Thanks once again. moif.

2. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

what OS are you using?

it sounds like ACPI is not enabled on your machine?

3. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

4. Brian C

Brian C Private Peanut Gallery

moif.................Don't get you're shorts in a bundle over that.
    My previous computer had WindowsMe, and showed the same
    thing in HWinfo. It was the ONLY thing in red there. There were a few other items in blue, but they were just in regards to unknown version numbers etc. And just so you know.....I had a set of factory restore CDs for mine, that had the whole kit & kaboodle on them. (O/S, drivers, programs, bios settings, etc). Even after restoring the thing, that IRQ holder still showed as a problem device. And yes.......with the same code 22 message as you have. I never really dug to deep into it, because the computer always ran quite well. Maybe it's a "standard" Windows error. LOL

5. Brian C

6. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

check out my link 3 posts up. :D

7. Brian C

OOPS. Sorry Kodo. I guess everyone knows who stole your bottle of booze now, don't they !!! hehehe *hiccup*

8. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

you better share damnit ;)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds