RegMechanic is ignoring me...

Discussion in 'Software' started by algae, Oct 28, 2004.

1. algae

algae Private E-2

Due in large part to Major Geek's endorsement, I purchased the registered version of Registry Mechanic. Now, they're supposed to offer one year of technical support via e-mail (they have no phone listed) in addition to upgrades.

Unlike most programs, including freeware, there are no clear directions on how to upgrade. One is directed to the WinGuides site where you can download the entire new version. In parentheses, registered users are encouraged to click a link which does nothing more than e-mail a copy of the registration number.

I have been trying to contact them for TWO WEEKS with a half dozen e-mails, and they refuse to answer. I would like specific information on just how to go about upgrading. There is no specific instruction on uninstalling the old version, if in fact that's what is necessary. Heck, even Ad-Aware has this all outlined in foolproof fashion and it's freeware.

And now they're ignoring me. This is highly irresponsible.

2. Major Attitude

Major Attitude Co-Owner MajorGeeks.Com Staff Member

Odd, their reputation and relationship with us has been nothing short of perfect. That said, I will follow through for you and see if we can not get this resolved. I am sure theres a simple explanation and you will get satisfaction.

3. algae

algae Private E-2

Thanks, Timmay.

4. algae

algae Private E-2

Still no word from RegMechanic. Helloooooooooo. Guys?

5. algae

algae Private E-2

Well, I be darned. They finally responded.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds