Reimage Repair Pro Problem

Discussion in 'Software' started by Donna Bunten, Dec 6, 2016.

1. Donna Bunten

Donna Bunten Private E-2

When I first bought this app, everything went smoothly. But around October, my security apps spotted a list of PUP files. When I cleaned these out, the software no longer worked. It kicked Reimage off my computer. Now, I am due for a new subscription, but now the app brings up the message warning me that this is a malicious website. What is wrong? I emailed Reimage when the renewal notice came up, stating that I redownloaded the app, hoping that the PUPs and malicious messages would not reappear. I asked them why am I warned against PUPs and why are they still in your app? Have not ever received an answer.
    Donna Bunten

2. baklogic

baklogic The Tinkerer

Potentially unwanted programs (pup)files - Antivirus programs will often pull these up, but when in a genuine program that came from a safe source iis being used, it does not mean they are malicious - they may just be 'cogs' in the program to make it work.
    You can search the web for the filename to make yourself at ease, but I would believe in this instance it is a false positive from your antivirus.

3. MaxTurner

MaxTurner Banned

You need to tell us several things:
    1. What is your exact Operating System - Win XP, Win Vista, Win 7, 8, 8.1 or 10
    2. List the full NAMES of the Security Software applications you have on that system and whether they were fully up to date, and which one/s are giving you the PUP notifications.
    3. What site did you get Reimage from and where you looked to download it from again. Give the actual website address

4. Donna Bunten

Donna Bunten Private E-2

Sorry to be late in my reply, Max.
    1. I had some problems while I had Windows 10 on my HP laptop. Got it to working, but I found myself with Windows 7 again. Tried to reinstall Windows 10 again; no luck.
    2. Security Software: Windows Defender; Advanced System Care Pro 9; Malwarebytes, and McAfee Internet Security.
    3. I subscribed to Reimage from their website and tried to download it again from their website.

I am afraid to resubscribe or download Reimage again without knowing whether this is some sort of malware.
    Donna Bunten

5. MaxTurner

MaxTurner Banned

As long as you get Reimage from the link here on MajorGeeks:
    http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/reimage.html
    it should be safe BUT and it's a big BUT I consider Reimage Pro and Advanced System Care Pro (ASC Pro) two programs that do the same thing and are likely to badly conflict. So having both on your system is not something I would ever have. So it's one or the other not both. I don't like either of them personally.
    Also if you have the anti-virus/anti-malware option in ASC Pro as well as McAfee, then it could cause system resource problems.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds