Reinstall window too small

Discussion in 'Software' started by ya never know.., Dec 27, 2007.

1. ya never know..

ya never know.. Private E-2

I recently did a reinstall on a laptop meant to be used for a 12 year old (was meant for Me) so did a reinstall, and the window is only somewhere around 640x480 which doesn't do much good. What did I do wrong? Or is it something with the laptop itself?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated

2. theefool

theefool Geekified

You need to install the drivers for the video.

What laptop is it, so we can give you links to the video drivers....

3. ya never know..

ya never know.. Private E-2

It's an HP pavillion N5190.

Other specs:
    Intel PIII 700MHz
    14.1" active 1024x768 TFT display
    128MB SDRAM at 100MHz
    8x DVD drive
    10.0GB HD
    Integrated 56k moddem and 10/100 ethernet port
    Came with Millenium Edition factory, when it was given to me it had 2000 on it, and was told it ran slow (I understand it won't likely be a speed demon, it's old). I reinstalled Me hoping that would get some of the speed back. Have the option of going back to 98 as well.

Just want it for a couple games and kids' on internet.

4. Fred_G

Fred_G Heat packin' geek

5. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

If you used the restore/recovery disks that came with the N5190 all the proper drivers should be loaded. I have an N5470 that came with ME also.
    It might just be a case of right clicking an empty spot on the desktop and choosing Properties, clicking the Settings tab, and moving the slider to the right to get more screen real estate.
    If the slider doesn't move, look in Device Manager to be sure the driver is loaded. No yellow !s nor red Xs. If the video has a problem, put the HP CD in the drive and click update driver; point the installer to the D:\

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds