Reinstalled notebook - no battery icon in system tray

Discussion in 'Software' started by jf38081, Jul 31, 2005.

1. jf38081

jf38081 Private E-2

The title pretty much says it all. i did notice after installing that there was a yellow ! after "microsoft composite battery" in the device manager. I deleted, thinking that it would fix itself on reboot, but nothing happened. now there are no !'s in the device manager, and there is no battery in the system tray.
    Jim

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Which OS? Notebook?

but try this in the mean time... goto Control Panel > Power Options > Advanced and tick "always show icon on taskbar"

3. jf38081

jf38081 Private E-2

yeah i tried that one. it put an ac power cable in the system tray and said that i'm on ac.. whatever. its on battery. it was xp home on a gateway notebook. it doesn't matter anymore. the client wanted the pc back 'as-is,' so i don't guess i have to worry about it.

i tried to chat with gateway support people. one of them said to try reseating the battery. ok - that didn't help. the other said to reinstall windows again. ok -- thats annoying.

i guess it doesn't really matter now. but if somebody does know, i'd still like to know the answer.

regards,
    Jim

4. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

also forgot this bit, but I would imagine you checked this already,

There should be a checkbox labelled 'Show details for each battery'; check it and click on Apply.

also some gateway laptops use a battery learning util available from Gateways support site to monitor battery life?

just a few thoughts.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds