Remembering Services console settings changes

Discussion in 'Software' started by videobruce, Jan 7, 2012.

1. videobruce

videobruce Private E-2

Remembering Services console settings changes in Win7

Before anyone even tries to answer, would someone pleas tell me the rational behind preventing one not to save changes on how a program looks??? It's only how the interface looks, not how the O/S works.

The Services console I use all the time. To go through and change everything every time is ridiculous including window size.
    I tried (using the hidden Admin account) choosing Author mode, un-checking the "do not save changes" check box, but the O/S won't allow change the services.msc file. I even tried to rename the file, which did save, but only limited changes were saved.

W/O using a 3rd party program (which seems to be the only way anything can get changed with Windows 7), how can something that was easy (by changing the attribute) be remembered??

Last edited: Jan 7, 2012

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds