Remote access computer Win/Mac

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by scottym753, Aug 3, 2010.

1. scottym753

scottym753 Private E-2

Well, I suppose I will just throw this out there.
    I'm not new to the tech, but new to the creative sides of computing.

My current project is an all access home computer that can be visited via its IP address.
    I would like to find a way to make this a used computer, allowing programs to be run and manipulated(cad/photoshop), as well as data be transferred and edited.
    It does need to be able to run Windows and Mac, and I would prefer if both could be utilized at the same time by the remote user (parallels?).
    A server may not be what I'm looking for, but this is basically what I'm after.

I'm currently working on a box that will run windows properly, and can easily support this amount of processing.

Just point me in the right directions and I can figure things out, but any details or help would be appreciated!
    And please let me know if I might be just chasing my own tail here...

Thank you all for any replies,
    Scott

2. JonBoyFishhead

JonBoyFishhead Private First Class

not sure about the MAC part of the question, as I am trying to build a "hackintosh" as a current project. But windows xp pro has the ability to be utilized as a vpn server so you can access it from anywhere. Sorry if that doesn't help. tough question...:confused

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds