remote access-turning on pc

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by fmc, Apr 11, 2013.

1. fmc

fmc Private E-2

im new to remote access so excuse my ignorance.

i have my flat a couple of doors away from my work place where my main pc/internet connection is.....so i wanted to know could i access my home pc whilst its turned off(or vice versa-home to work place) or possible to access it if the power source is left on and pc not turned on?

i use team viewer whilst both pcs are on but it would just be handy if i could access them without being on all the time if u get me.thanks

2. collinsl

collinsl MajorGeek

There is no way of accessing the computer in the off state. There is a method of remotely waking the PC and then you can shut it down when you are finished, but this method needs a device on the local network to be on all the time.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds