remote viewing of webcam

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by mrbds, Apr 26, 2009.

1. mrbds

mrbds Private E-2

Hey everyone, I would like to know if it is possible or if there is any software available to access a built-in webcam on a HP laptop using the IP address. I must admit, I am not that pc savvy, just know the basics, but if anyone can help me out, that would be great. Thanks in advance.

2. foogoo

foogoo Major "foogoo" Geek

You'd need to have some kinda of remote running on the PC. Then connect and go into my computer & the camera is usually under imaging devices. Notice this would not be stealth, it would be remote, so the user at the laptop can see you doing this, BTW. There may be a cool spy camera app out there (like the Apple laptop has - not an Apple fan but the story of the guy recovering a lost laptop via remote cam was in the news FYI) but I haven't seen it yet.

The flip side is to run Dorgem or like and have the camera snap pics and upload them or email them back to you.

Were you looking for a more James Bond solution? Not gonna happen if the laptop is not yours and you can't install the software.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds