Removal of Duplicated programs & files on Hardisk

Discussion in 'Software' started by Grrrrr, Dec 26, 2006.

1. Grrrrr

Grrrrr Private E-2

In trying to duplicate my total C Drive to an external hard drive using EMC Dantz Retrospect Express Software,I stupidly duplicated all the info to the same C Drive as I now have roughfly 1/2 the space left on my internal hard drive to that which I had when I started this misadventure. I recieved the software through Western Digital as a result of the "Western Digital Class Action Settlement" and I have been unable to get support from the either the Software supplier or Western Digital to correct my problem.

Please help!

2. embrya

embrya Private E-2

did you copy it to the root drive or did u copy it to a specific folder? if you copied it to the root sounds like it should be easy to just delete the dup folders since you would just have 2 of every folder. however if it's more complicated than that i would suggest getting a program called spaceman 99. i have v 3.1 but not sure if they have a newer one out. i use it all the time to find/delete dupes.

3. Grrrrr

Grrrrr Private E-2

Thanks a million embray.I apparently copied it to the root but after downloading the trial of spaceman 99 & using it my problem appears to be resolved.I am certainly glad I found this forum & greatly appreciate the speedy help.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds