Removal Of Windows Vista

Discussion in 'Software' started by MASTERJEDI688, Aug 2, 2016.

1. MASTERJEDI688

MASTERJEDI688 Private E-2

I have my sister's laptop which runs Windows Vista. I would like to remove Windows Vista and install something better like Win. 7 or Win. 8. This laptop has a virus and it won't connect to the Internet via wifi. I do know her user name and password. I tried the F8 button, but when it asked me to sign in as a user, I couldn't. I'm not a user. I typed in her name and password and nothing. This is why I want to remove Vista and install something else. I don't have the money to repair the laptop so I'm thinking a new OS might be the answer. Where can I get a new OS cd with the product key at an affordable price? I know Amazon has them, but what I e see, they are not affordable either. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated

2. MaxTurner

MaxTurner Banned

If your sister knew her log in details to tell you, the system could be repaired, for the time being, by downloading the various tools on another clean system, then save them to a USB pen drive or DVD-R disk. The 'Read and Run Me First Guide' in the Malware Removal forum describes what tools you need for VISTA.
    IF you can do that, then the experts on the Malware Removal Forum could guide you further.

3. satrow

satrow Major Geek Extraordinaire

MasterJedi, could you link us to the other sites you've posted this so that we don't waste time duplicating suggestions, please?

4. MASTERJEDI688

5. satrow

satrow Major Geek Extraordinaire

There was a reply there when I posted. Can you work through the suggestions there first, please?

6. MASTERJEDI688

I'm doing it now. I'm running the antivirus software. It hadn't run in ages. The Rkill thing can't do it because I can't connect to the Internet. I do have the Ethernet cable. I'll have to look up on how to connect via Ethernet

7. MASTERJEDI688

Ran antivirus and Antimalware like they told me to do on the Microsoft website. I'll do the Ethernet thing tomorrow. Hopefully I can get on the net that way.

8. MaxTurner

MaxTurner Banned

You should not post anything else here in this software forum.
    You can now choose whether to carry out the steps in the
    READ & RUN ME FIRST Malware Removal Guide
    When you have completed all the steps you can, you can decide to start a new thread in the:
    Malware Removal Forum
    In that forum (not here) a trained malware expert will guide you further.
    You should only follow one set of instructions, not on two different forums.
    You have to choose to get help here or on that other forum. Not both.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2016
  9. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

While we appreciate that you very likely posted at multiple forums in order to ensure a response, in the future please do not cross-post. In the future - choose one forum and stick with that one until they've resolved your problem.

Stephen_c16 and satrow like this.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds