Remove Comodo Firewall Registry leftovers

Discussion in 'Software' started by bigbazza, Feb 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigbazza

bigbazza R.I.P. 14/12/2011 - Good Onya Geek

I'm starting a new thread to deal with a specific problem I have.

Thanks to Halo and the Comodo Forum, between them, I have managed to convince the Windows Security Centre that I no longer have Comodo Firewall installed. (see thumbnail).

Now I am left with numerous Comodo entries in my Registry. I'd like to remove but am a bit unsure of the consequences of doing so.

I have attached a couple of thumbnails showing some examples.

Do I delete the main Folder (example LEGACY_CMDMON) or the SUB-Folder (example 0000) or do I just delete the entry on the right hand side (eg DeviceDesc).

I will back up my Registry BEFORE I start, of course. ;)

Need help to finally get rid of all traces of Comodo. Bazza

Attached Files:

2. bigbazza

Last edited: Feb 5, 2008
  3. bigbazza

I give up.

Bat file did NOT remove everything as I hoped.
    Still around 20 entries in Registry starting with Comodo.

Bat file even created more entries (see thumbnail).

Comodo jpg entries as well ( but probably created by XP Pro). (see thumbnail)

Still require answers to my screenshots in post #1 here.

At least XP Windows Security Center problem is sorted out, and I have now activated the Windows Firewall for the time being.

Bazza

Attached Files:

4. bigbazza

Bump. ;) I guess the leftovers are not doing any harm, but I like to keep a tidy PC, as much as I can.

Still looking for answers to post #1 in this thread (see thumbnails), if you can help. Bazza

5. evilfantasy

evilfantasy Malware Fighter

You would have to reinstall Comodo for this to work (yea right....right?) but for future uninstalls check out Revo Uninstaller

Go in to Revo, right click what you want to uninstall, choose advanced mode. This will launch the programs built in uninstaller and go through that process. Then in Revo click next and it will scan the registry for leftovers. Select all and click Delete then Next and it will scan for any files/folders left behind. Select all > delete.

6. bigbazza

Thanks evilfantasy. I installed Revo_Uninstaller but as you point out I would have to re-install Comodo to be able to get Revo_Uninstaller to uninstall it.

Then I don't know how well the uninstaller would work. Catch-22 situation.

There must be an Registry expert out there (XP Pro, SP2) who can look at my thumbnails in #1 post here and advise me on how to delete them. Bazza

===

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds