Remove Cstm Smilys From Live Mssgr SOS

Discussion in 'Software' started by c_w122, Oct 6, 2008.

1. c_w122

c_w122 Private E-2

I would greatly appreciate any help someone can give me! Stupidly I thought it would be funny to download some dirty smileys to my Windows Live Messenger... but they are just stupid and now I can't get rid of them. I tried uninstalling them... no luck... uninstalled Messenger, reinstalled it and there they are still!!
    Is my only option to do a system restore now? I don't want them on there because my sister uses it sometimes!

Thanks for any help!

Sarah :eek::eek::eek:

2. dr.moriarty

dr.moriarty Malware Super Sleuth Staff Member

Hello, c_w122

Did you also (after doing the un-install) delete the folder, run CCleaner, re-booted before re-installing?

3. c_w122

c_w122 Private E-2

No, I didn't run the CC cleaner before reinstalling. I also noticed there are all kinds of winks and avatar images that are from the same program... dirty ones!

AHHH! So, I need to uninstall again and then run CC cleaner and then reboot and then reinstall? Is that how it goes?

Thanks for the help!!

Sarah

4. I did this to yahoo once. Funny idea- bad idea if you have kids. When I uninstalled they were still there. I had to go to the yahoo folder in C:local disk/Programs/msn messenger to try to find them and delete them.Then Uninstall again -run ccleaner- reboot-Reinstall live and see. I had to when i did yahoo because it took all the smilieys when I did.

5. dr.moriarty

dr.moriarty Malware Super Sleuth Staff Member

Hi, Sarah

Don't forget to delete this folder before you run CCleaner:
    C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Messenger

:wave

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds