Remove/uninstall Process Explorer

Discussion in 'Software' started by Ding dong, Jan 11, 2016.

1. Ding dong

Ding dong Private E-2

All these free help programs are good but when I want to remove them its not clear.

They dont appear in the Uninstall Programs list on W10. They are on the desktop. They are also in the folders/files section in C drive.

When I deleted one from the desktop, it was still in the folders section on C drive.

CC cleaner did not remove the folders.

When I clicked on the folders it had some scary shit like "this is a system file...bla bla blaaa" - so I left it.

How can I remove Process Explorer safely and completely.....(dont ask me to download another program please.....).

2. MaxTurner

MaxTurner Banned

PE is a zip file. It doesn't 'install' in the normal way, so will not appear in the list of installed programs in 'Programs and Features' - it just runs from wherever you saved and extracted the files.
    So long as you didn't make a pro-active options change to replace Windows Task Manager with PE (which you would have to reverse first) all you need to do is delete the entire PE folder wherever you saved it.

3. Ding dong

Ding dong Private E-2

Ok what about Fabar Recovery Tool and Nirsoft shellex view?

4. MaxTurner

MaxTurner Banned

It depends whether the files you downloaded were 'zip' files (if you still have them you can find them), in which case the same applies as PE, or if you downloaded executable files that installed, you just uninstall them in the normal way.

NB: Farbar is a security tool that should only be used under the guidance of a trained malware expert, and never be used by anyone who doesn't have that help or training.

5. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

Farbar Recovery Scan Tool, or FRST, is a portable application
    This from Nirsoft
    Which version of shellex did you download? http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/shexview.html

6. Ding dong

Ding dong Private E-2

I dont know...its too late now just right clicked it and deleted it.....?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds