Remove Win2000 from dual boot system

Discussion in 'Software' started by dlb, May 20, 2009.

1. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

This dude has a dual boot system on a single hard drive: partition 1 is drive C: with Win98SE; partition 2 is drive D: with Win2000Pro. Both partitions are FAT32. He has decided to dump Win2000 completely and would like the C: partition expanded to take full advantage of the HD. Can I use these directions to remove Win2000 from the boot up? After that, it's no problem to wipe drive D: and expand drive C:.
    Thanks!

2. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

:celebrate I guess you learn something new everyday... even if the something new is about something very old! LOL ;)
    So, the info in the link above worked. I dug thru the dusty ol' floppy disks and found my dusty -I mean trusty- ol' Win98 boot floppy. Booted to the ol' A: prompt. Typed sys C: and pressed Enter. Things spun for about 30 seconds and I got a message "System transferred.". I pulled the ol' floppy, hit the ol' CTRL+ALT+DEL and it booted straight to Win98SE w/o any interference from Win2k.
    :-D

[dlb]

3. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

I don't have a 98SE computer that I could sacrifice for that.
    I want to do the opposite, remove the 98SE partition from a 2K, 98SE dual-boot from a computer I loaned out that has been returned to me.

Thanks for pointing out the directions worked. I did read them through and thought it might work but wasn't brave enough to say, "go for it".

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds