removed som progs and now i can't connect to the web

Discussion in 'Software' started by paul70, Feb 3, 2009.

1. paul70

paul70 Corporal

theres has been a few progs removed from my pc but now my pc is not connecting to the internet ,could removing a prog do this :confused i have tried Ie , firefox , and safari but with no joy , its also saying iam connected to the net on my pc when checking my connection :confused any help would b grateful

2. buggabear

buggabear MajorGeek

In my opinion only, yes removing programs can stop you from accessing the web depending on what programs you removed and how you removed them. Some programs wrap themselves around needed programs and when you remove them they take away parts of another program you need.
    I can't tell you exactly why you cannot connect until you tell us what you removed and what error message you get when trying to connect to the internet.
    Do you have firewall software or anti virus programs running. Are you connected by router, wireless or wired. These guys and gals (politically correctness.. women) can assist you but more information is going to be needed to get you running again.
    I hope I answered part of your question...
    Post back with more info

3. Can you perhaps give us a list of apps that you uninstalled? You did use uninstall, right? I have to agree with buggabear, firewalls can reak havok after uninstalling.
    When you check in Local Network Connections, does it actually show traffic going from and too your computer? Have you tried a connection repare?

4. zbd21

zbd21 Private E-2

5. paul70

paul70 Corporal

most of the apps were games , there were a few others but just software downloads , the message i was getting when trying to connect to the web was , connection interupted , the document contains no data ,

6. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

It's been asked before, but I'll ask again: how do you connect to the web? Wireless? Wired? Dial-up? Also, you haven't told us which version of Windows you're using so recommending any course of action could be a waste of time: if I tell you how to repair your TCP/IP (for example) in WinXP but you actually have Vista, the process most likely won't work; the steps would at least be different and at worst could cause bigger problems. Have you tried a system restore to a date before the problems started?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds