Removed Vista and installed Xp

Discussion in 'Software' started by ladyofevilness, Sep 9, 2009.

1. ladyofevilness

ladyofevilness Private E-2

Removed Vista and installed Xp on a friends computer. Now her internet lan is missing so I check device manger and found yellow question makes on the following: Ethernet controller, Pci Device, Pci modem, SM Bus controller, and video controller(VGA contactable)

I downloaded and ran Evest and got this log. I haven't looked for drivers in a while so I'm a little rusty. So if some one could give me a hand it would really help. It's for my 20 something friend and her grand pop(are tired navy vet in his 70's)

Attached Files:

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Fortunatly ACER have XP drivers listed for this model here

Click the box under MS Windows XP and download the Chipset driver, the ATI, Audio, Modem and the bottom LAN Driver Marvell.

Then install the Chipset first and reboot, then install the ATI, then the Audio and then the LAN drivers and Modem and let us know how things are.

3. ladyofevilness

ladyofevilness Private E-2

Every thing worked out great. Thanks.

4. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Great, cheers for letting us know.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds