Removing and Reinstalling Internet Explorer

Discussion in 'Software' started by skd44, Aug 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skd44

skd44 Private First Class

If I remove and reinstall internet explorer will I lose all of the emails that I had on outlook express??? I can't get onto the internet at all and saw someone say that they removed IE via Add/Remove programs and then reinstalled it and then their search capability was restored???

2. Insomniac

Insomniac Billy Ray Cyrus #1 Fan

Completely removing Internet Explorer is next to impossible as it's tightly intergrated with the operating system.

You could try a Repair of Internet Explorer.

What operating system and IE version are you using, and what are the exact symptoms?

To answer your first question regarding your emails, the answer is no, it won't affect them.

EDIT I just saw your other post on this issue. Please try to keep related matters on one thread so it makes it easier for people trying to help you.

3. skd44

I apologize for posting twice. I am on someone else's computer and are using a slow internet connection (telephone) and so I did not realize my first two went through. My symptons are that I can't even get onto IE to search. It just stays blank and I type in the search bar anything from yahoo to msn and it all displays the page can't be displayed message. I am running Windows XP and IE6. Thanks for any help you can provide.

4. theefool

theefool Geekified

5. skd44

My only problem with your solution is that on my laptop, which is the infected computer, I can't even get to this website because I can't use my address bar to go to any websites. The search page is just blank and I can't get to any websites at all. IE is not working at all. Is there any other way I can get to the link you suggested???

6. Shadow_Puter_Dude

Shadow_Puter_Dude MG Authorized Malware Fighter

Download it from whatever computer you are on and burn it to CD then run the program on your laptop.

7. PC-XT

PC-XT Master Sergeant

I have Win98 so can't use that utility, but would like to do as complete of a reinstallation/repair as possible, and upgrade as well, of IE since having adware problems that now are gone, so can't be sure if it's fixed or just hiding or disabled or what. I already posted in malware. Just wondering if any advice before I try something.

8. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

This thread is 2 years old, PC-XT.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds