Removing items in the "Startup" tab in "msconfig.exe".

Discussion in 'Software' started by Archetype, Aug 3, 2004.

1. Archetype

Archetype Private E-2

Hello,

I was just wondering if there is any program out there that can remove items from the "Startup" tab in "msconfig.exe". If not, is there any other way I can remove them other than using a program? I'm not looking to disable the programs because I want Windows to boot normal, not selective. I'm looking to permanently get rid of those items.

2. Robert

Robert Sergeant

Try Startman i use it still with XP although it was concieved in the W98 era

http://www.pt.lu/comnet/desc/startman.html - Startman - reports on ALL startup items including those hidden.Those not actually required can be quickly disabled - if an item is mistakenly disabled it is easy to re-enable it. This program was originally the work of Peter Forrest and friends and on his site which is now defunct. Last time I looked it was still available at the site above. A truly wonderful program and a tribute to Peter and co-authors.

Hope I am not out of line for giving Peter a cheer - hope the program is still available at the above site

3. Archetype

Archetype Private E-2

Thank you for replying to my message. Unfortunately, the program is no longer available. As for disabling programs, that's not what I'm looking to do. I am looking to permanently delete them so that way I can boot Windows normally.

4. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

5. bigbazza

bigbazza R.I.P. 14/12/2011 - Good Onya Geek

Welcome to MG.

Best I have come across is

CodeStuff http://codestuff.netfirms.com/news.shtml

I have W98SE so cannot comment if it works on other OS's. Up to version 5.6.1.38 at least. Hope this helps. Bazza

===

6. Archetype

Archetype Private E-2

Thank you, guys! Everything you guys told me helped. Now, I am able to freely boot Windows normally without having to use "Selective Startup". Thanks a bunch, guys! :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds