Removing Outlook Duplicates using Accurate Outlook Duplicate Remover or any other pro

Discussion in 'Software' started by avz10, Jul 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. avz10

avz10 Private E-2

Due to numerous computer crashes over years as well as regularly back-up my Outlook folders on DVD's, I got stuck end of last year with all these back-ups.

The Outlook did not work when I tried to import all this data, most of which will in any case be duplicates.I believe there is some or other 2 GB cap.

Outlook 2010, which I have on my PC, is now working well, having started from scratch, without the old emails.

I would like to try to recover some of these old emails/contacts and delete all the duplicates.

Due to limited space on my PC's, I downloaded the 20GB pst's and other files on my daughter's laptop. She has Windows 7 and Outlook 2007.
    I downloaded it into C: User\...\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook\Outlook.pst.
    All these emails are visible as far as I can see when I open Outlook 2007 on her laptop.

I have installed Accurate Outlook Duplicate Remover on her laptop in order to remove the duplicates, but it gives me the error message when I open the programme that it "cannot find the Outlook files"

So my questions-

1. Where should I store these Outlook files on her laptop, for AODR to find it?
    2. Is there another way of deleting all these duplicates?

Kind regards

Albie

2. pwillener

pwillener MajorGeek

Re: Removing Outlook Duplicates using Accurate Outlook Duplicate Remover or any other

You should not "import" PST files into Outlook; just open existing PST files with Outlook. You can then (if you want) copy the old data into the default PST file, or keep the old one as an archive.

The 2GB limit is for old (Outlook 97-2002) data files; Outlook 2003 and up has no such limit.

I do not know AODR, but it is possible that it is looking for data files already connected with Outlook. You can see what files are used by Outlook in the Control Panel Mail applet (Outlook Data Files).

3. avz10

avz10 Private E-2

Re: Removing Outlook Duplicates using Accurate Outlook Duplicate Remover or any other

Thanks for the reply.

I have copied all the different files into My Documents:

[​IMG]

Only one shows up in Outlook:

[​IMG]

But one cannot open the Inbox??

I thought I should also "import" the data like this:

[​IMG]

Any thoughts?

4. pwillener

pwillener MajorGeek

Importing PST files into Outlook will lose certain attributes from the original email messages, but I don't remember which ones. Importing is really meant to import data from other email programs, like Outlook Express.

If you just open the PST files, they will show up in Outlook. You can also attach PST files using the Mail applet (Outlook Data Files) in Control Panel.

I do not have Outlook here on this system, so I cannot show you the exact steps.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds