rename local disks

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by rooflee, Nov 9, 2007.

1. rooflee

rooflee Private E-2

I recently did a clean install of XP on the C drive partition of my PC. Strangely it is now recognising the other two drives (partitions) as D and E, whereas before the install they were E and F.
    If I boot from any other drive than C they show up like normal E and F, how they always were.

This in itself is not a major problem but it is confusing certain programs which I run from different partitions at different times...namely my music sequencing programs. I have to search for the sample sets I use as the program remembers the location you last pointed to....of course the path name changes from F:/whatever/whatever to E:/whatever/whatever depending on what drive I'm running it from.

Have tried right clicking/rename the drives...but this does not change the drive letter.

Any help is massively appreciated...Im a noob so please put it into laymans terms for me. Thanks.:confused

2. usafveteran

usafveteran MajorGeek

Re: rename local dicks

Go to Control Panel, Administrative Tools, Computer Management, and select Disk Management. Right click on a drive and select "Change Drive Letters ...".

3. rooflee

rooflee Private E-2

Thank you very much usafveteran. :))

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds