Repairing Corrupt Mpegs

Discussion in 'Software' started by CloX-IT, May 24, 2003.

1. CloX-IT

CloX-IT Private E-2

I have an mpeg that plays but you cant move the slider to any specific place in media player and it crashes about 1/2 way through.

I have tried several video creation proggies and ones that are suppose to repair bad mpegs like TMPGnc,flaskmpeg,vcdgear and some others but i get errors like "no mpeg stream" and "invalid mpeg" ... like DUH! I KNOW! thats why I am trying to FIX it.

Any ideas people?

Can you understand WHY I'd like to REPAIR this mpeg... cause 100MB+ D/L is no five min. job at 3.4kbps!

2. da chicken

da chicken MajorGeek

Check your file size. It sounds to me like an incomlete download.

3. Robert

Robert Sergeant

Crook is crook and thats what the download probably was. Try the download again. Else have a serious look at the capability of your machine to absorb such an enormous gulp. Hell - on my grey box that would take about 3 days.
    Good Luck and Success
    Robert

4. snakefoot

snakefoot Sergeant Major

You could try to reencode the thing with a tool like TMPGEnc

5. da chicken

da chicken MajorGeek

Except he getting errors for "no mpeg stream". If you can't decode it, reencoding isn't gonna help much.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds