Repeated Prompting to Install Updates

Discussion in 'Software' started by boneyeye, Nov 26, 2007.

1. boneyeye

boneyeye Corporal

Hi,
    Have been getting the above request each time I contact the net , but I have failed to install the update (KB928365). Found help for this in one of your previous threads:89939 and tried all the suggestions,but none worked. I have done full maintainance schedule with all updated programs(there is no problem updating these) I have done HijackThis Scan and have noticed nothing different. Done full Virus scan-no threats, but the following was listed:
    kernel32.dll change C:\WINDOWS\system32\kernell32.dll
    user32.dll change C:\WINDOWS\system32\user32.dll
    shell32.dll change C:\WINDOWS\system32\shell32.dll
    ntoskrnl32.dll change C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntoskrnl32.dll.
    When i finished the scan these showed up as changed but when I re started my computer again and completed Virus Scan-sane result back again. I am wondering is this part of the above problem or is it a seperate prob.Specs:WinXP2, AVGVirus Scanner, Windows Firewall, IE6.0, RAM768, Hope someone can Help. Boneyeye

2. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

3. boneyeye

boneyeye Corporal

Thank you so much for answering so soon. But unfortunately did not solve the prob. Any more ideas on this please .
    Boneyeye

4. samtal

samtal Corporal

5. boneyeye

boneyeye Corporal

I went to Microsoft Link and downloaded Windows Update Agent and when I was installing it I was told that it was already installed. I found it in C:\WINDOWS\system32. Actually my AVG has updated, and the update following the "problem update" has downloaded since. So I guess the problem here is only with that specific update ie (KB893803) Also I went to the Petri Link and realised that it is for solving Errors which are numbered. Where as I get no error Just that "this update connot be installed". Hope someone has some suggestions on this. Thanks again.
    Boneyeye

6. boneyeye

boneyeye Corporal

Hi,
    I have enclosed what was recorded in Event Viewer and also the log. Hope someone can make something of them because I cannot.
    Boneyeye

Attached Files:

7. boneyeye

boneyeye Corporal

Hi,
    Sorry the other 2 should be here. Boneyeye

8. boneyeye

boneyeye Corporal

Not good at the Attechments Sorry.Boneyeye

9. boneyeye

boneyeye Corporal

Hope it has arrived

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds