Repeatedly installing AC'97 driver

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by filly, Nov 16, 2006.

1. filly

filly Private E-2

Hi all:

I'm using XP Home on an Acer laptop. Often when I boot up, I've lost my audio (including volume icon) and I have to reinstall the driver for my sound card. I can do that just fine, but this is getting a little annoying. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

2. shellscnz

shellscnz Private E-2

Try downloading the latest drivers.

3. filly

filly Private E-2

Ok, I'll try that. Do I find the drivers here?

Now, can you explain to me why the old drivers used to be good enough, and now they're not? I don't understand such things. :confused:

4. Natakel

Natakel Guest

Need a bit more info here . . . what model Acer laptop do you have?

When/how did this problem start? Just out of the blue, or have you recently downloaded new programs or added new hardware?

Any particulars would be a great help in discerning a fix

5. filly

filly Private E-2

It's an Acer TravelMate 2313LCi.

I've noticed this problem right from the start. It's my aunt's laptop, and she never really needed sound for anything, so she never noticed the problem herself.

I started using this laptop about 6 months ago and I have added some programs, but like I said, the problem was there right from the beginning.

If I do download the latest drivers, could you talk me through installing them?

Thanks for any input.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds