Repeating Events from Group Policy in EventViewer

Discussion in 'Software' started by wegrok, Feb 2, 2010.

1. wegrok

wegrok Private E-2

Hi all:

I just discovered your MajorGeek site while searching to find a solution to my problem. Hope you all can help me. Briefly, I am experiencing continuous Group Policy events in the Application section of Event Viewer.

I'm running XP SP3, 4Gb ram, 500 gig HD, all updates current. Stand alone machine, no domain.

I believe I created the problem when I changed something in Group Policy but I can't remember what it is I changed; yes, I'm an idiot and I admit it. :cry

Anyway, there are almost always exactly 38 of these events and they occur every 30 to 45 minutes.

They are all informational except for the third event which is an Error event, ID 1098. All are Source = Userenv.

Please see the attached Events.txt which shows a list of the events in the output order and the messages in them.

I have been searching for a solution for several days; any help would be greatly appreciated. Please let me know if there is any other information I should provide.

Thanks in advance,

wegrok

Attached Files:

2. brandypeppy

brandypeppy MajorGeek

Searching for an answer for several days means it is hopefully a recent problem.
    Can you do a system restore picking a point prior to the problem?

3. wegrok

wegrok Private E-2

Hi brandypeppy

Yes, it is a recent event and also not very critical. I've been spending time watching the event viewer, cleaning up minor problems. I had things down to just 2 or 3 items before I made this happen.

I've got several System Restore points I can try. I was hoping to learn what the problem was before I had to resort to a system restore, but I can do that as soon as I return from town, about 2 hours. I'll let you know.

Many thanks for the prompt reply,

wegrok

4. wegrok

wegrok Private E-2

Sorry it took so long for me to get back to you. Took longer to get some other business completed, away from the computer.

The roll-back of system restore did NOT fix the problem because I didn't go back far enough. After the restore, I waited to see if the events rolled out again and when they did, I started looking farther back in time. I've been trying to ensure that I always create a system restore before performing any actions on the system, and making sure the title will let me know later what I did at that time.

In short, I found a system restore that reminded me what I'd changed in Group Policy to start this sad tale. I reversed the system restore and was able to manually change back the settings. I was using a Tweaker called Xteq-Setup Pro and changed a setting in the System / Security / Group Policy Objects Logging. I shouldn't have!

I really appreciate your help and will most likely be back for more. You all have a really amazing site and I'm lucky to have found it.

Again, many thanks for the patience,

wegrok

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds