1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

repeating updates: Microsoft Core XML 4 service pack 2 update

Discussion in 'Software' started by steelyray, Dec 30, 2006.

1. steelyray

steelyray Private E-2

HELP! I have Windows XP Media Center Edition and it keeps downloading and installing the same update over and over again; kb927978, which is a MSXML 4.0 service pack. I must have downloaded the same thing over 8 times on my HP Pavilion DV9009 laptop. Any clues?:confused:
  2. Kniht

Kniht Sergeant

3. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Sometimes the update catalog on your PC for win updates goes a little funky and repeats the same update thinking you have not got it, the easiest way I find to cure this is to download the actual update and install it from your hard drive

download and install this

then go back to windows update and see if it highlights it as a missing one again.