Repetitive Text File Searching

Discussion in 'Software' started by Twistid, Dec 30, 2012.

1. Twistid

Twistid Corporal

I've been an online radio DJ for a while and have always had to repetitively search through a playlist of music I am going to be playing in the future. Once I play all the songs I intend to from an artist's release (meaning the artist is no longer in the playlist) I like to reload this playlist with the next release for that artist. To do this I've had to search through this playlist for every artist each week before a set.

I've always wondered if there was a program out there that I could use to automate this as the artists I have to search for are of course the same every time.

So is there a program out there where I can create a list of these artists I need to search for in the playlist file (it can be treated as a simple text file as mostly that's all it is) and simply click search and it tells me whether each artist is still in the playlist or not?

2. brownizs

brownizs MajorGeek

Would be easier to do it in a database type program.

3. Twistid

Twistid Corporal

Is there a way to just convert the playlist file to a database without having to re-enter all the information? I wouldn't have the time to do something that tedious.

4. brownizs

brownizs MajorGeek

There is plenty of info out there on how to pull the info into a dataset. There are also catalog software programs already written for dj's. Suggest the later for you.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds