replace win media center.?

Discussion in 'Software' started by ilovehateyou, Dec 3, 2006.

1. ilovehateyou

ilovehateyou Private E-2

can anyone with a tv tuner card suggest a program to replace win media center.? i F'ing hate it.!! i need to to record and have advanced settings for output file types. i have a emuzed angel dual tv tuner if knowing this helps or matters

2. ilovehateyou

ilovehateyou Private E-2

i'm going to try SageTV Media Center V5 if anyone has any comments on this program.? http://www.sagetv.com

3. theefool

theefool Geekified

Greetings and Welcome to MajorGeeks!

As soon as I buy a new computer in 2 months (or less), I'll be using my current computer to run MythTV.

Also, the card you bought, should have came with software that allows ye to view videos live. :)

4. ilovehateyou

ilovehateyou Private E-2

Thanks.! and i will look into MythTV but as far as i can see the only software for the card is media center

5. ilovehateyou

ilovehateyou Private E-2

sagetv was a bust..and i think, from what i was told, MythTV is for linux..i am running windows and unless someone has went through this and helps me out, i'm stuck with media center..i'm not crazy against media center, it works..it's just that there's no avanced settings so it kinda sucks.

6. ilovehateyou

ilovehateyou Private E-2

bump, for the early crew..i have almost given up though.

7. ilovehateyou

ilovehateyou Private E-2

bumpski still looking for help, although, i think i have tried Everything..seems like media center has a death grip on my card because every program i have tried will not recognize the tuner. the closest i got was with christv but it caused some kind of Really bad system error so i 86'ed christv. this is my routine and why i need a different program, with media center, i record the tv show then i have to burn it to dvd then i have to rip the dvd to mpeg so i can have it on my laptop. it's a kind of sucky process.

8. lief

lief Private E-2

What card do you have?
    Ive been using my ATI9800AIW for some time now and running the software that came on the CD. Been stable and pretty easy to use (lil slow at times, but the machine Im running it all on is pretty slow :) ).

9. ilovehateyou

ilovehateyou Private E-2

it's an emuzed angel dual tv tuner card, it came already installed in the pc, the only software i see for it is media center.

10. theefool

theefool Geekified

11. Orbital57

Orbital57 Private First Class

I'm afraid that my only other suggestion is to contact emuzed for drivers for the card and then look at thefools advice.

http://www.emuzed.com/contactus.html

I'd also suggest having a look around at the non-MCE TV tuners and see what sortware they come with, Myth and Sage are the one's I've heard of though.

12. ilovehateyou

ilovehateyou Private E-2

Thanks everyone..checking on it now.

13. ilovehateyou

ilovehateyou Private E-2

well everything i have tried has failed miserably media center is just a card hog But...
    i just found an app that will allow you to edit the .dvr-ms file the media center saves as and it was a glorious moment when i tried it and it worked like a dream it's called DVR-Edit and can be found here http://thegreenbutton.com there's also and app called DVR 2 WMV which also works Great. just wanted to update for anyone who is also frustrated with MCE these apps where a God Send for me.!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds